Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Car activities for kids

Magnetic Matching Activities

Created these very simple matching activities for my own Two. He loves this sort of thing, and it'll give him something to do when he's starting to get antsy. Since there are magnets on the back of each piece to keep him from slipping them I'm hoping that this will be easy and fun. This does take a while to build, but I think it will be well worth it. See the tutorial and receive the free printables within this post, KIDS VIP- Exclusive ride on cars for kids.

Beginning Seems Coloring Pages

Don't do a great deal of worksheets with my preschool boys, but a vehicle trip is the perfect time to pull a few out. I created this collection of 26 coloring pages. They just need to colour the pictures on each letter that begin with that letter. You may get the free printable within this post.

Magnetic Pattern Block Activities

We Already have pattern blocks, but for this trip I purchased a magnetic pair of cubes so the children can use them in their baking sheets. I discovered the large pattern block activities at PreKinders. I printed a transport, snowflake, and animals set. The children can each set a paper in their board and cover it with the magnetic cubes. I also published the little set of designs from Kelly's Kindergarten and bound them with a ring. (You will need to shrink her designs before printing them should you'd like them small.) My older children can recreate these pictures on their own boards.

Road Trip Printables

Hunted high and low for free road trip printables. These would be the best I could find because not only are they from gifted bloggers, they're also simple to download and print. The Stunning road trip drawing drives (empty road and truck) are from Picklebums. The Lovelyhand-drawn BINGO games are from Housing a Forest. The Simple and colorful Road Trip BINGO is from This Reading Mama. For Children who can see, Interstate BINGO is just another interesting printable from This Reading Mama. My Five and Seven will delight in this one. The Car Scavenger Hunt is from a giant collection of road excursion printables from 123Homeschool4Me.

Sticker Scenes

This Reusable sticker pad out of Melissa and Dog is completely awesome as is. But I wanted to locate a way to make it work in the car. The scenes are too large for laps, and definitely for our little trays. So I chose to cut each scene in half and cut the stickers into segments. Then each kid can have part of a spectacle and a set of decals to perform with. The scenes won't be as striking as they'd be with the complete sheets, but you can' t be choosy when you've got seven people jammed to a seven-passenger van.

No comments:

Post a Comment